TeleHealth / Prayer & Meditation Room (222) (Library Study Rooms: Main Floor) Capacity: 1
What is the Telehealth & Prayer (TAP) room?
The TAP room is a private interfaith prayer and telehealth space available to all Mercyhurst students, faculty, and staff. The room is available by reservation for:
- Telehealth sessions (virtual therapy or doctor’s appointments)
- Mental health recharge
- Overstimulation quiet time
- Breastfeeding parents
TAP Room Accommodations
- Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Catholic, Protestant prayer materials (including: a prayer mat, holy books, prayer beads, etc)
- Meditation mat with seating pillow
- Noise machine
- Flameless candles
- Desktop computer equipped with a webcam and headphones
- Mental recharge supplies (puzzles, adult coloring books, fidget cubes)
Do you need additional materials in the TAP room? Have suggestions for what to change or add? Put an anonymous suggestion in the suggestion bin or email concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- We recommend reserving the room as soon as you know when your appointments will be or when you’ll be praying. This will help prevent conflicts with walk-ins.
- The space can be reserved for 1-2 people for one hour at a time. If you need to use the room for more than an hour, please contact Tessa Sayre, Public Services Manager.
- Reservations are made in 30 minute increments.
- Questions can be directed to the Circ desk, Tessa Sayre, or your counselor.